Monday, September 19, 2005

Aaagh, not a whole week!

I can't believe it's Monday again and I haven't blogged. I think I always start these things with great ambition but then get bogged down with daily life. And lesson plans. Definitely lesson plans. Oh well.

I'm not going to try and recreate too much of the week that's over and done with but I do have one story that popped into my head. We were discussing the story of Zechariah and Elizabeth finding out that they were going to have John the Baptist. And of course, Zechariah was mute for the whole time of her pregnancy because he didn't believe the angel's proclamation. So, of course, our discussion gets side-tracked into questions about pregnancy and I was really hoping I wouldn't get one of those, "but how does the baby get in there?" kind of questions. I kept putting them off by saying that I've never been pregnant so I don't know. Then, this mom who was walking by popped her head in and said she could help answer some of their questions. See, this is the problem with collapsable walls--everyone can hear what you're teaching!

Anyway, she didn't really stay and they started to run out of questions and then this one little boy says, "I can't believe a baby can really be in there for 9 months. That's a really long time." I think this might have been the first time he ever heard that. I'm not sure. I hope I didn't lead to a sex talk that his parents weren't ready for.

No comments: