Friday, September 17, 2010

Freak Storm

There was a brief and wild storm yesterday evening that did some major damage to the beautiful old trees in the park across the street. E. and I were looking out the window at the gathering storm, when suddenly I noticed that the trees were whipping around like hurricane shots on the news. I ran to check windows and found papers blowing around in the front room and lots of rain pouring in. I didn't see anything come down but R. saw a tree get uprooted almost in front of his car. Below are some shots I took of the park this morning, which oddly enough seems to be damaged mostly on three of the four sides. It's still closed right now and as a mom of a toddler, I'm sure hoping it's open as soon as possible.


Notice the roots sticking up out of the ground!


The playground is usually only a little bit green and the equipment visible.

Broken fences.

Oblivious! Her comment was, "Leaves. Sheep. Baa."





No comments: