Saturday, October 22, 2005

lost in the details

Ok so I know this blog is supposed to help prevent this, but I've been lost in the details for the past few weeks. Or at least that's my excuse for not blogging for so long.

Anyway, I've been doing fall things, like cooking hearty dishes, switching my closet to reflect the weather, sitting and sipping warm beveridges.

One of these hearty dishes made me feel like a pioneer woman or a farmer or something. I made pumpkin soup from the pumpkin I got on our trip to the "farm". And the stock was stuff I'd made myself from chicken bones saved from chickens roasted weeks ago. I think the only ingredient I purchased was an onion! So, why a farmer/pioneer woman? Well, the whole idea of making something from nothing and using all the parts of something to create food. See, the chicken bones were used as were the pumpkin seeds (for a nice alternative to croutons).

On another fall topic, why is it that every year when I go through my closet and drawers, I get rid of 1-2 bags of clothing that I don't wear anymore or that I shouldn't wear anymore because it's stained or holey? And then I always feel like I have nothing to wear. I don't get it. Do the junky clothes multiply when I'm not looking? Or do the nice ones magically transform into junk after they enter my drawers? One of life's mysteries.

No comments: