Thursday, January 21, 2010
Here's a little video of E. having fun in the box my new winter coat came in. At one point she had a ball, a small car, a toy dog, and a toy tiger in there with her. She'd pick one up, look at it, and then put it back in the same spot.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Ok, I couldn't resist: 100 books in a year. And hey, I've already finished two, though both a little more on the fluffy side. I can't count Plutarch because I started him before January. I'm pretty sure I can do it, I just need to keep track. So, this and Goodreads will help me. . .
1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2. The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne
3. The Wreath by Sigrid Undset (I'm reading the trilogy for my medieval book challenge and I'll count it here as three separate books as originally published even though my version has all three under the title Kristn Lavransdatter).
4. The Wife by Sigrid Undset
5. The Book of Margery Kempe
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
7. Little Lady, Big Apple by Hester Browne
8. The Cross by Sigrid Undset
9. Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti
10. The Discarded Image by C. S. Lewis
11. Nothing is Quite Forgotten in Brooklyn by Alice Mattison
12. Washington Square by Henry James
13. An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell
Monday, January 04, 2010
Ok, so I think I've figured out why I always start major projects in January (such as getting back on track with my blog, reading all of Calvin's Institutes, cleaning my wooden furniture etc). It must be some latent New Year's resolutions in me that I don't write down. Anyway, I do want to write more--let's try for at least once a month, minimum.
I also just found out about these online reading challenges--how have I not known about them to this point?? Anyway, I'm signing up for a Medieval Reading Challenge and of course I'm going to jump in all the way at the King level. I think I'll start with some Chaucer that I got for Christmas last year. And I may even blog about it.
PS I know I need to post some E. Christmas pics and I will.